Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm in love

Aren't they the cutest things you've ever seen? I saw them at the Bank Street Farmer's Market this afternoon and just couldn't resist them. I have no idea how I'm going to prepare them but I'll keep you updated.

I'm super excited for the upcoming Harvest Fest - it's being held at Tillers and features great great entertainment, exhibitions and a celebration of local food and farming. There's even a week long celebration of local food called Eat Local, Kalamazoo! I'm definitely going to be checking the events out - including the book signing at KPS by Alisa Smith and J.B. MacKinnon for their book "PLENTY: One Man, One Woman and a Raucous Year of Eating".

Also on my horizon - the Master Gardener class beginning early September. I dropped off my soil samples today and am looking forward to getting the results.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Those are adorable! Can't wait to hear more about the master gardener class!

Holly Bee said...

I always cut them up (yes, and feel bad about ruining the cuteness) and cook them like summer squash. Are they patty cake squash? Or is that something we just call them becaue they're cute?

Anonymous said...

Has anyone written, "I have a soil sample for you!"?

Because that sounds dirty and it's the first thing that popped into my head.

Jen said...

No, you're the first. I shall call you the queen of soil samples.